eBay top rated seller status: how to get it and keep it!
eBay top rated seller status is a reward for sellers to provide exceptional customer service and use a generous returns policy.
Top rated sellers on eBay enjoy a variety of benefits consisting of increased presence for listings, a ‘top rated seller’ badge to and increased protections.
Nevertheless, sellers need to meet numerous stringent requirements to get this status. Let’s take a look at how to end up being a leading rated seller on eBay.
How to end up being an eBay top rated seller
Leading rated sellers have very little space for error and need to consistently preserve some crucial sales metrics. To end up being a top rated seller on eBay, you must have:
- An active represent 90 days or more
- A minimum of 100 deals and $1,000 in sales with United States shoppers over the past year
- A history of resolving customer issues; cases closed without a seller resolution can’t go beyond 0.3%– or two cases
- An optimum defect rate of 0.5% on transactions
- No more than 3% of deals with late shipping– or 5 late deliveries
- Tracking submitted within your mentioned handling time and provider validation for 95% of deals
- Adherence to eBay’s selling practices policy, that includes requirements like providing accurate item place and clear T&C s.
It’s worth keeping in mind that a seller’s defect rate isn’t associated with damaged or faulty items. This metric is in fact about counting defective deals. In other words, it’s about how many times a seller cancels transactions because of stock issues or other issues.
What this suggests for sellers.
Phew! That may look like an overwhelming list, but these things are mostly within a seller’s control. They’re all about supplying fantastic customer service in a manner that is versatile, responsive and quick.
You can examine to see how you’re doing by taking a look at your seller control panel. eBay will show you if you’re qualified to be a leading rated seller. If you satisfy the above requirements, your account will automatically be updated during its next examination– this happens on the 20th day of monthly.
For low volume sellers, these metrics are based on your seller efficiency over the past year. Greater volume sellers, who process 400 deals or more every quarter, will be judged on their performance over the past 3 months.
Becoming an eBay top rated seller in other nations.
It’s possible to be an eBay top rated seller in another country if you meet the requirements set out for that specific market.
For eBay.com, your metrics are based on your sales efficiency with United States buyers. Even if you’re located in the US, you can likewise become a top rated seller on eBay.co.uk based upon your efficiency with British buyers.
Need to know how to become a leading rated seller on eBay markets all over the world? Have a look at the requirements for Australia, for Germany and Austria and for the rest of the world. A few of the requirements vary slightly. For instance, the global standards enable a late delivery rate of 5%, instead of 3%.
What are the benefits of being a top rated seller on eBay.
Because of the level of service offered, eBay leading rated sellers are likely to gain from favorable reviews, feedback and repeat purchases. But beyond this, eBay likewise throws in some extra advantages to truly reward fantastic seller accounts. These include:.
- More prominence and presence in eBay’s Best Match search rankings.
- $ 30 credit towards your eBay promoted listings every quarter– this will improve any seller’s eBay marketing technique.
- Discounts on shipping when using eBay labels– this can increase gross profits.
eBay leading rated sellers in the United States who likewise give buyers thirty days or more to return their purchases likewise take advantage of increased seller securities, that include:.
- Return shipping label credits when a buyer returns an item falsely declaring that it wasn’t as explained in the listing.
- Refund reductions of approximately 50% when a buyer has actually returned an item which they harmed or used.
- Automatic removal of negative or neutral purchaser feedback and transaction metrics in the above circumstances.
eBay top rated plus sellers.
For some or all listings, you can go even more and end up being an eBay leading rated plus seller. This comes with even higher benefits to help you increase eBay sales, in addition to even more stringent service requirements.
What you need to be qualified for toprated plus listings on eBay.
For a listing to be upgraded to top rated plus, you currently require to be a leading rated seller and after that supply:.
- Lightning quick dealing with– finished on the very same day or within one business day.
- Flexible and free returns– providing clients a minimum of thirty days to return something for free with a refund choice.
Some products, like food and plants, are exempt from these return requirements.
What are the benefits of eBay leading rated plus?
It will take some substantial investment to implement such speedy turnarounds and totally free returns, however taking these actions are also most likely to drive more sales. It’s worth thinking about, particularly when you take into account the included advantages provided by eBay.
Any listings which fulfill eBay’s top rated plus requirements, get:.
- 10% off the product’s Last Value Fee.
- Additional visibility in Best Match search results.
- The Top Rated Plus seal of approval, which appears prominently in search results page and listings.
The Top Rated Plus badge can actually impress shoppers, but it can likewise stress sellers. Can you handle same-day handling? And can you manage totally free returns? You’ll need to weigh up the expenses involved and determine how it will affect your earnings margins.
We suggest trialing totally free returns and fast handling for simply a number of items. Concentrate on the listings which will benefit most from a decreased Last Value Cost. It is more likely to be worth the effort if it saves you money. Then if everything works out, you can introduce these policies for increasingly more of your item offering.
How to get and maintain eBay top rated seller status.
Great customer care is important at every phase of the client journey. If you seek top seller status, here are the particular areas you’ll require to concentrate on.
1. Providing punctual shipping and handling.
Be practical when setting out your handling and shipping estimates. If it will take you a couple of days to process an order, just say so. You might have to sacrifice your leading rated plus eligibility, but at least you’ll have the ability to attain regular eBay leading rated seller status.
2. Reduce and fix consumer cases.
Cases closed without a seller resolution require to be kept to an absolute minimum. To do this, sellers can avoid new cases by:.
- Writing precise item descriptions: Consist of as much information as possible and if there are any faults in your items, be honest about it.
- Providing lots of item images: This will decrease cases where consumers declare a product didn’t come as explained.
- Use suitable product packaging: Top-notch eCommerce product packaging will minimize the chance of an item showing up damaged.
When a case is opened, sellers ought to make sure to solve it by:.
- Responding to messages rapidly: Politely deal with consumer grievances before they call eBay Refund Warranty or PayPal Buyer Protection about the case. Focusing on client service is among your most effective eCommerce marketing methods!
- Compensating consumers kindly: Where clients didn’t receive a product or it didn’t come as explained, do your finest to make the client happy. Refunds might hurt your bottom line in the short-term, but it is essential to keep your eBay metrics in great standing.
Associated post: How to Eliminate Unfavorable Feedback on eBay.
3. Prevent deal flaws.
You can keep your flaw rate to a minimum by remaining on top of your stock. The moment you run out an item, make sure to take down the listing. You can use eBay’s out-of-stock feature to do this immediately. Alternatively, you can use multichannel stock software like OrderWise or TradeGecko to manage stock across a number of platforms.
eBay top rated seller status is certainly something to go for. Even if you don’t accomplish it, you’re likely to see an increase in positive feedback, happy customers and repeat purchases.
If you do strike this milestone, you can then consider if you must choose gold and pursue eBay leading rated plus status. There are more costs and risks involved here, however you can take it one item at a time to understand precisely how it will impact your bottom line.